For some reason, I very often hear people in the gym say that they cut out coffee as if they had cut out sugar. I’m not sure why coffee has that reputation, but I figured I would help my caffeine-addicted friends feel better about themselves!
Here are my top 5 reasons why you SHOULD drink coffee:
1) Coffee is not bad for your heart, on the contrary! According to a major study, caffeine might actually be good for your heart and decrease your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
2) Coffee can help you get lean! Caffeine stimulates your metabolism which makes you burn more calories, and fat. Combining this with a healthy diet, proper sleep and exercise program will make you burn more fat quicker.
3) Coffee is a perfect pre workout drink. It helps you focus and improves your reaction time, which has been shown to help athletes run faster and jump higher, but it also helps endurance athletes because it’ll help use fat for energy, saving glycogen stores for later.
4) Black coffee is full of antioxidants, especially in flavonoids. These are very beneficial to your body to prevent damage to yours cells cause by stress, bad eating, exercise, environmental toxins etc.
5) Coffee boosts your mood! Caffeine increases the flow of blood to the brain, invigorates the mind, enhances alertness and motivation and decreases mental fatigue. It has even been shown to reduce the risk of depression.
Don’t be scared to have coffee, but be careful what ingredients you put in it. That’s usually where people lose the benefits and add too many bad calories, so keep it dark and unsweetened for better results!
If you’d like to know more about how to get fit and healthy, we’re here to help! Fill out the form below or contact us now!